Colin Construction Company
Colin Construction Company’s extensive resume over the last four decades includes the design and renovation of more than 320 health care facilities. The dedicated team of 20-plus employees gives Colin Construction Company a small-business feel while its impressive diverse work portfolio offers a huge footprint in the industry.
Colin Construction Company was established in 1981 after Mark Colin recognized a need in his community. Medical construction requires expertise and precision, especially when dealing with various imaging modalities; some that weigh multiple tons and cost millions of dollars. Mark realized the benefits of establishing a knowledgeable team that specializes in remodeling for and installing such equipment. Since then, Colin Construction has been committed to designing and building effective health care environments in 10 western states and providing construction management in the lower 48 and Alaska.
Services offered include one-room or multi-phase construction and project management from concept to completion. Colin Construction is prepared to take on the overall planning, coordination and management of your next project.
Benefits of the Colin Construction experience include:
- Over 150 years of combined industry experience
- Spearheaded by a Management Team with over 80 years of industry experience
- Turnkey Certified General Contractor with all major medical equipment vendors
- Management of the entire construction process
- Specifying objective, scope, budget, schedule and performance criteria
- Managing proposal requests and evaluations of bidders
- Management of efficient use of client resources
- Developing strong lines of communication between all parties
Colin Construction specializes in “Progressive Design-Build” services. This option brings an innovative construction model that combines the owner, general contractor, architect, and consultants into one team managed by Colin Construction. The owner/client issues only one contract that covers both the design and construction services. This model encourages a more efficient and collaborative process that allows the focus to return to what matters most – treating patients.
Benefits of a Design-Build approach include:
- A design team tailored to the specific needs of the client and the project with the client involved throughout the design, constructability reviews, and budget validations.
- Manages risk for the owner and assigns more risk to the Design/Builder
- Collaboration with key subcontractors to identify and implement cost-saving ideas
- Project management from design to final closeout
- Single point of contact throughout the entire process
- Immediate addressing and assessment of discovered conditions for the most cost-effective solution
“Patient experience remains important to us, and we maintain a high level of personal involvement to ensure our clients’ needs are met,” Colin said. “Every project is a collaborative effort between the owner, project designers, engineers, project managers, and superintendents that will be involved until completion.”
“Our repertoire includes a state-of-the-art Nuclear Medicine Caring Suite at Children’s Hospital Oakland, the installation of a 25-ton 7T MRI at Li Ka Shing Medical Center in Berkeley, and the design-build of a 7,671 square-foot shell space into a new Human Longevity facility” Colin added. “We have also recently completed a 25,000 square-foot, multi-million-dollar Cancer Center in Walnut Creek, CA for BASS Medical Group.”
Colin emphasizes that patient care and giving back to the community are high on the list of the company’s priorities.
“Through all this work, it is our goal to help better our communities. Because of this, we have given back over $1 million to local charities and hospital foundations since we first began four decades ago,” Colin said.
For more information, visit colincc.com or call 530-272-3357.